Ah, choosing "your" flavor for eCigs... Personally I think that this is the most difficult part of the entire process, forget the whole "quitting" thing. I think that this is even harder than that.
Why, you ask?
Well because of the huge selection mainly, I've seen every flavor you can imagine; From standard tobacco favors and fruit flavors like watermelon or strawberry, all the way to odd picks such as Butter or Almond.
Truly there is an astounding variety of flavors out there, but not all of them are good.
Before I continue though, I must say that as our sense of taste is a very "subjective" experience, what flavors I may like, you might hate & vice versa. (Except the Tobacco flavors, I have yet to meet someone who actually enjoys those)
1. Your first eLiquid bottle - This choice will usually come when you buy your starter kit. Some retail locations I have been to suggest you just get the tobacco version of what you normally smoke, but I find that this just makes switching fully to an eCig harder than if you were to pick a pleasant taste. So choose something that will taste good, if you can't decide just go with Vanila. It's always a good starting point, and I have yet to come across a manufacturer of eLiquids that screwed up Vanilla.
2. What size should I get? - Most outlets sell the liquid in 10mL, 30mL, and some even sell 60mL.
- If its your first bottle, get a small 10mL so if you don't like the flavor you picked you don't have to go through a ton of it before buying a new one.
- Most of the time though I usually get 30mL bottles of flavors I know I like, and I occasionally also get a 10mL of a new flavor.
3. Buy a 30mL of Tobacco Flavor and set it aside - I know I said these taste horrible, but if you're like me and you don't always have a constant supply, chances are you'll run out of the good stuff before a new bottle comes in the mail or before you go pick another one up. So keep bottle of the tobacco flavored stuff handy so you still have some on hand while you wait to get the good liquid again.
(Will be updated with more later)